Guidelines for Annual Educational Bursary Funding from Anáil
Agreed by Anáil Committee- 21-01-2024
Anáil wishes to support its members in furthering their respiratory knowledge and skills.
Therefore, two bursaries worth €1500 euro each have been made available to support
If you wish to apply for our bursary, please read the following guidelines.
The following activities are eligible for funding:
1. An initiative that supports an innovation that brings about new service improvement in
respiratory nursing practice.
2. An initiative that supports the Health Service Executive’s (HSE) delivery plan, and linked
to the strategic themes of the HSE National Service Plans and/or Sláintecare.
3. An initiative that improves service users’ experience and/or engagement leading to
improved care of the patient/service user and support.
4. An initiative for continued professional development e.g. to develop educational
modules, attend a course, or to publish a study.
The following activities are not eligible for funding:
1. Normal service delivery.
3. Basic respiratory equipment, including disposables.
4. Administrative support (except to support research processes).
Application and Approval Process
● To apply, you must submit a 5-minute PowerPoint presentation with voiceover describing
● Files must be in PowerPoint format (e.g. ppt, pptx) and submitted as an attachment via
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
● The closing date for applications is noon 16 th February 2024.
● The winner will be decided by an independent judge and the winners will be contacted at
least two weeks prior to the annual conference.
● The winner will be asked to present their project at the Anáil Conference 2024 and write
a short synopsis for the Anáil website. The winner will also be asked to present an
update on their project at the Anáil Conference in 2025.